Get Skilled stands
Dedicated Get Skilled stands offer in-depth knowledge about certain industries. You can discover new talents and try loads of different skills when you get hands-on with a Get Skilled activity. Experts are always on hand to help as you learn something new and try work-based skills; the aim is to ensure each Get Skilled stand represents a different career sector so we promote as wide a range as possible to you, the visitors.
For 2017 we have the confirmed Get Skilled stands
- Science Experiments with W5 at Odyssey. Find out where science can take you outside of the classroom with the fun practical experiments that will highlight the many different STEM careers available in Northern Ireland.
- Construction Skills with CITB. Try your hand at building a staircase from scratch, and see if you can beat your friends in a time trial roof building competition.
- Catering and Hospitality with Springboard CareerScope. With high profile names from the hospitality industry, you can find out what life could be like working in a hotel or high class restaurant.
- Auto Engineering with Riverpark Training. Riverpark offer apprenticeships in the motor industry. Visit this Get Skilled stand to find out if you’re cut out for the fast pace of auto engineering.
- Media with BBC Northern Ireland. Test your presenting skills with the BBC’s auto cue and get hands on with the latest production tools.
Sponsored by Belfast Met, items will be presented in a gallery style area within the event. This feature will showcase products created by individuals as part of their job or training, representing some of the organisations and companies from the wide selection of key industry sectors exhibiting. Head over and be inspired by the range of products young people in Northern Ireland have created.
Examples of creations we have had in the past include; a wooden roofing model, re-finished car panel, mini steel bulldozer model, hairdressing mannequins, handmade surfboard with various textiles, dentures and orthodontic appliances and a 3D theatre model, to name a few.
Supported by the Department for Economy’s Careers Service, this Careers Hub is an area is where you get the chance to have one to one advice from the experts. Topics including careers advice, interview skills, volunteering and starting your own business.
The Skills Theatre showcases interactive demonstrations and will include:
W5 will present The trouble with Titanic. Find out what happened on that fateful night when an unsinkable ship sank with this engaging and entertaining science show. As we all know, it was alright when it left here…
Live Opportunities Board
The Live Opportunities Board aims to provide you with the chance to find out about current vacancies available in Northern Ireland including, job vacancies, volunteer opportunities, traineeships, apprenticeship schemes and any other opportunities. The exhibitors post these vacancies on the Live Opportunities Board at the event for you to view. Ensure you take a look so that if any interest you, you have the chance to speak to the organisation face-to-face at the event and find out all you can about the role. This is a great way to get ahead of the competition, so don’t forget to take a look!