Link with us on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn to find out what’s on first!
CPD Clinics with The CDI:
Claire Johnson, CDI Professional Development Manager will be available to answer any questions you may have on developing your skills and knowledge for working anywhere in the career development sector. If you are interested in joining the profession she can also advise on all the different routes available. She is also happy to answer any questions on what the CDI offers regarding CPD and the various membership benefits. No appointments are needed, simply come to the stand between 9.30 am to 12 noon and then from 1pm until 3pm, (or 3.30 pm in London).
Seminars and Industry Insight Talks:
We have an engaging and informative programme of talks delivered by great key note speakers and experts in their field. The below seminars and talks are confirmed and will be added to before the event so keep checking back.
- Health sector careers: what’s new?
- Why the mass UCAS sign-up may no longer be fit for purpose.
- The role of experiential learning in careers learning/planning
- Fuelling young people’s futures
- Skills champions – my digital career journey
- How young is too young?
- Mind the gap: how can we meet the skills need of the digital revolution?
- Apprenticeships – a route to a great career.
- Mind Flip: A toolkit for finding transferable skills
- The benefits of achieving the Quality in Careers Standard
- ‘Good career guidance’: lessons from the Gatsby benchmarks pilot
Industry Insight Talks:
- The University of Law: A career in law
- Teesside University: Team entrepreneurship
- AllAboutSchoolLeavers: How to get a degree for free
- AAT: Alternatives to university
- RateMyApprenticeship: Apprenticeship insights 2017-2018
- The Morrisby Organisation: Using online assessments in career guidance
- Tomorrow’s Engineers: Inspiring young people – especially girls – to consider careers in STEM
- University for the Creative Arts: Creative careers
- I am Resilient Project: Why resilience is vital