Skills Humber will be a jam-packed event full of interactive, inspiring and informative activities.
The event is brand new to the Humberside and will feature hands-on demonstrations with industry experts at the ready to offer free insight and impartial advice.
We encourage our attendees to visit as many stands as possible and talk to the different organisations exhibiting.
This is your opportunity to find out more about what the future has to offer you.
The layout of the venue will be split into different zones, so that if you know which industries you’re interested in – you’ll know where to go.
Get Skilled stands
Get Skilled stands offer in-depth knowledge about certain industries. You can discover new talents and try a variety of different skills when you get hands-on with a Get Skilled activity.
Experts are always on hand to help as you learn something new and try work-based skills; the aim is to ensure each Get Skilled stand represents a different career sector so we can promote as wide a range as possible to you, the visitors.
What can you expect?
- Get Skilled 1 + stand 56 – East Riding College – learn emergency first aid techniques and CPR on the resuscitation dummy.
- Get Skilled 2 + stand 42 – University of Hull
- Get Skilled 3 + stand 46,47,48 – Hull College
The Skills Theatre showcases local talent.
The Skills Theatre is always filled with live demonstrations on anything and everything from performing arts to cookery.
Live Opportunities Board
The Live Opportunities Board aims to provide you with the chance to find out about current vacancies available to you in your region.
Exhibitors use this board to post job vacancies, volunteer opportunities, traineeships, apprenticeship schemes and any other opportunities.
Ensure you take a look so that if any interest you, you also have the chance to speak to the organisation face-to-face at the event and find out all you can about the role.
This is a great way to get ahead of the competition, so don’t forget to take a look!
Activities on stands
- Medical Mavericks: Take a look inside your skin in the Vein Scanner, find out how much more your body can grow in their Ultrasound machine, see what lies beneath your nails in their Capiliary Microscopes and practice your key-hole surgery with their Laparoscopic Surgery kits!
- East Riding College: 3D printers and engineering activities
- East Riding of Yorkshire Council: Take a look at some of ERYC’s most prestigious construction projects through their Microsoft Hololens (VR) headsets, loaded with Revit models.
- Cranswick PLC: Take a sneak peek into the world of Cranswick and learn how Product Developers, Executive Chefs and Marketeers develop recipes and menus. You’ll also get the chance to try out their famous sausages!
- EY: Join the EY team for some fun interactive problem solving and find out what the average day in the life of an apprentice is like.
- Greene King: Take the ultimate taste test with Greene King and practice your burger making skills.
- National College for High Speed Rail: Learn how to drive a train on the NCHSR train driver VR demo.
Keep checking back here nearer the event for more information on the interactive activities that will be available at Skills Humber 2019.